Bengaluru (Karnataka): A total of five people suspected of being infected with coronavirus have been admitted to the isolation wards of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases in Bengaluru.
Samples of these patients have been collected and their reports are likely to be received later today. Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has assured people in state about preparedness to tackle coronavirus.
At least 25 people suspected of coronavirus are admitted to Safdarjung Hospital in the national capital, said the Health Ministry officials. Four more patients, who have been suspected of Coronavirus, are kept at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, they said.
Earlier in the day, Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan had said that there were 28 cases of coronavirus in the country and added that universal screening of all international flights will begin to control the spread of the deadly virus.
Global deaths due to coronavirus outbreak have risen above 3,000. Amid the threat of an outbreak of coronavirus, the Varanasi airport administration has ordered all employees to wear masks during duty hours.
The Health Department conducted an emergency meeting on Tuesday at the Lal Bahadur Shastri airport in which officials from the Airports Authority, major airlines, CISF and medical team among other agencies participated.
Asia Championships 2020 shifted to Manila
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Wednesday shifted the Asia Championships 2020 from Wuhan, China, the epicentre of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, to Manila, in the Philippines.
The decision was confirmed by Badminton Asia and the event will now be held from April 21-26.
The championships fall within the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games qualification window and is one of the last opportunities for athletes to qualify for the Olympics Games.
Badminton Asia revealed it had been working closely with the Philippine Badminton Association (PBA) to secure visas for all athletes for the individual championships.